Monday, April 26, 2010

Contentment Exercise: Simple. extremely simple thanksgivings

holy experience





I love lists. I'm not always good at looking at the list after I've made it...but it is so much fun to write down all the things I hope to accomplish. This list is different, but is so much more satisfying! Its about thanking God for the little things.


True joy is not bound by our circumstances. This is one of those truths that I am bound and determined to get through my thick skull. My circumstances are going to be good some days and bad some days but I so want to live like the people in Psalm 84 who in their pilgrimage go from strength to strength.


This spiritual exercise from www.aholyexperience.com is one of those ways to lift our minds from the distortion of self-focus to the Giver of all good things.


Join me in journaling your own simple thanksgivings.


Xavier slathered with banana, shirt, face, hair


Xavier in the bath giggling, getting banana swabbed off


Caedmon and Andrew identifying with the iphone app the songs of the birds they were hearing outside the bedroom window


"What hero are they singing about?" Caed asked about a song on Pandora this morning, "Jesus, Caed."  "Oh," he said.  "I was wondering because I don't even have my sword and shield on me."


a quiet moment with morning tea before cleaning, baby napping


God's continued teaching.  He will accomplish that which He set out to do. 


Answers to prayer.  We've been fasting on Thursdays and God has been more than faithful.


Intercessory prayer: leaving it all at His feet.


Italy in less than a week, family, vineyards, Florence


Betty Jo, our favorite baby whisperer is going with us!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

prayer is so powerful. I love that you love it.
thanks for this list.