Saturday, April 3, 2010

Aslan Always Wins



The kids and I started the first day of Lent with The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe intending to read a chapter a day.  Caed got sick a week later and we ended up reading ten chapters in that one day in between emergency trips to the bathroom.  And so for that one day we got to live in the adventure that is Narnia.    Every once in a while the children would get scared when the suspense was strong, the outcome looked bleak or when the White Witch would seem too powerful and they wouldn't want to read any more.  At that moment, I would repeat, "What do we know for sure?"  "Oh ya," we would all say, "Aslan always wins."

Aslan always wins.  That's what the theme of Easter has been for me this year.  He always wins.  When I'm frustrated with my own spiritual growth, "Oh ya, He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion.  Phil 1:6"  When the spiritual warfare becomes hot, I remember Revelations.  We already know the end of the story: He always wins.

"I live! Saith the Lord God.  Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that I am God."
Romans 14:11

We know the end of the story.  And, we know that in the meantime, He promised He would be with us, never forsaking us.  I can handle obeying, following, listening to and walking with God, for whom Aslan is a shaddow.  And I look forward to continuing on this journey with you, friends.


Happy Easter from the Gross' 

No comments: