Friday, March 12, 2010

Mommy Vitamin about cleaning. YUCK!

The most stressful part about mothering for me is the continual cleanup/housework. It feels tedious and gets torn apart faster than I know how to yell at the little Tasmanian devils to undue their trauma. Did I just say that? You should have seen Xavier this morning go from one drawer to another, emptying the contents, spill out two baskets and start terrorizing older siblings all with that animalistic little growl of his...oh yes, and a big smile. I watched all of this while I was doing the breakfast dishes.

So, here's my encouragement of the day. Self-encouragement?

Leave a room better than you found it.

That's all.

Leave each room better than you found it.

Somehow this keeps my perfectionistic tendencies to a minimum and then gives me a little spurt of energy...all while helping me with my discouragement level.

No comments: