Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Yummy Pancake recipe

I'm more of a compiler when it comes to cooking. Having three young children makes cooking from scratch too overwhelming most days. I just can't wrap my mind around juggling hot things and hungry children. AND if you have trouble getting enough protein in your life, here's a fairly balanced carb to protein pancake.

So here are the most delicious and healthy pancakes I've ever had. Truly. But they are not from scratch so no formal recipe will be forthcoming. I took an ordinary wholewheat pancake mix and added 1/3 cup ricotta cheese, orange zest, cinnamon, whey protein powder, vanilla and sprinkled in dried cherries/ or chocolate chips. Yum.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oooh! This sounds fabulous. Only you can get away with ricotta in pancakes! I know the babies must have loved it! Sister, Keep up your Muchness!

Summer Gross said...

Give a sister a break! :) I was inspired by Mollie Katzen's breakfast recipes which are always loaded with great proteins and ricotta is one of her fav. ingredients.

MyersFam said...

I can't wait to try them. They sounds delicious. Most of all, I can't wait to have 3 little people at my house who call me, "Nana". One of my favorite names in the world.