Sunday, March 14, 2010

House Addiction

I have a confession to make. I love/hoard house magazines and every time I'm pregnant, HGTV literally streams into my living room. I read, watch, surf and crave inspiration to make this little yellow cottage into the perfect greenhouse for my growing shoots. (Can that really be how you spell the little green thingies poking out of the ground or do I have too many toy guns lying around?) Anyhow, I just don't believe this bologna about houses being spiritually and emotionally neutral places. "It is the people that are important," some say.

This does seem like the logical conclusion but my mystical self believes that there is something a bit more complicated going on under our roofs. I believe that our hunger for house magazines/blogs/etc. is more than just greed, but a hunger for the heart's true home. Call it a hunger for what Eden was, what heaven will be or what the Kingdom of God can become on earth, we desire more than just a neutral setting. We want COMMUNION, Order, Life, Feasting, Peace. As mothers we want our homes to be the ladder where the angels ascend and descend...a meeting place between heaven and earth, a place where our children can be taught by God (Isaiah 54:13). We want to feed our families with manna and create little Edens of beauty on our city lots. Lets be intercessors, covering our families and praying that the Kingdom would come on earth right here in our hearts, and then into our homes and then radiate out from there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope I'm around to see and read your book