Friday, July 9, 2010

A quick hello and a poem

June disappeared and now almost half of June.  I've been in and out of Ohio for family weddings and an inner healing prayer training and now I'm determined to feel more in control over my little yellow cottage.  However, I'm working with less time than before (without preschool, etc.)  You know the summertime drill.  Blah.  Blah.  Blah.  I guess I just wasn't expecting it.  I never am.  

Until then, here's a poem I love about Sabbaths or why we need them.  I want to live in Wendell Berry land.  I guess I do, I just don't always see it:

The Peace of Wild Things

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's life may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

~Wendell Berry

1 comment: