Monday, February 22, 2010

This blog still exists? Hey passionate women

I'm so embarrassed. I started this blog to keep those who were in our fellowship and moving away from South Haven from feeling too far away and then found that they didn't use it after all! Then, I thought it would disappear from not being used, just like the juicer in my basement.

However, since it is still here, I will begin enjoying the sound of typing with the quiet sound of three children in the distance.

So, here it goes: I want to be a passionate spirit-filled "when I run I feel God's pleasure" kind of mom. Remember Chariot's of Fire? Eric Liddell was passionate about running...passionate about God AND passionate about running. He ran IN God's presence and enjoyed His company as his head went back and his arms began flailing, sprinting for the finishline tape (I'm being handed plastic food as I write this and my baby is making adorable growling noises...oh, and there are numerous goals being scored by my 5 yr old against manchester united in our living room. I'll make this short:) I want to be passionate about mothering...for goodness sake, this is what I was created for! I figure that there's no reason why I can't ask the Heavenly Parent to fill me with His parenting ability through the Holy Spirit.

I don't want to just do my duty...but be filled with the spirit to live as a joyful mom, passionate and running toward every bedtime with joyful abandon.

I recently found some podcasts on DESIRE by John Eldredge which was a copy of a conference he had done years ago on this subject. He is inspiring the heck out of me. Thank You God!!!

Love you all!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yay! Summer, I'm so glad to read your thoughts and be encouraged by your honesty and what the Lord is teaching you as you journey. I'm going to add you to my google reader! :) Love you!